Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"To boldly go where no man has gone before"





Today something funny happened. I mailed my first real "Voronoi Genetic-house" screenshots to some of my friends.

In response, two of them suggested (independently of each other!), that I should bisect my last "Voronoi Genetic-house" laterally, throw one half away, mirror another half over the bisection plane in order to produce nothing less than a Star-Trek-fashion alien starship.

One of them even suggested that I should offer my software to Sci-Fi production studios for alien ship structure generator. Well, that idea is somewhat of a long shot, but the fact that two people simultaneously came to the same idea, amuse me.

That was a nice example that human minds think alike and that when you see something you invented, it is not necessery that that other guy stole it from you - he might just came across the idea by himself as well.

If you need consolation - it happened to the greatest minds as well.

Back to the subject, being a Sci-Fi fan myself (well, do you know any computer geek who is not?), they didn't have to tell me twice. In SketchUp, it took only a few minutes to complete the operation.

It's not exactly a beauty, just a proof-of-concept. I'll try harder some other time.

No comments: